Thursday 26 February 2009

Conclusion and References

What I initially thought would be a tedious assignment has in fact succeeded in allowing me to gather not only my knowledge, but also my own opinions about the topics we’ve covered. I have discovered new subjects, such as corpora, and found more examples of the other three subjects, which I believe will now have a direct impact on my future writing and presentations. Furthermore, I feel as though creating a blog has broadened my writing skills and also introduced me to another source of information I hadn’t investigated before, so overall it has been a beneficial assignment!
References
ASTON UNIVERSITY. (2009). ACORN Aston Corpus Network [online]. Available from: http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/index.html, [accessed 4th February 2009]

BARKER, A. (1993). Letters at work. London: The Industrial Society

LETTERWRITINGGUIDE. (2009). Sample Complaint Letter [online]. Available from: http://www.letterwritingguide.com/samplecomplaint.htm, [accessed 25th January 2009]

MEYER, C. (2002). English Corpus Linguistics: An Introduction. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press

MORTON, G. (1996). Effective Business Writing. Florida: Harcourt Brace College Publishers

PHILLIPS, L. and JORGENSEN, M. (2002). Discourse Analysis as Theory and Method. London: SAGE Publications

RFP TEMPLATES. (2009). Flesch Reading Ease Readability Score [online]. Available from: http://rfptemplates.technologyevaluation.com/Readability-Scores/Flesch-Reading-Ease-Readability-Score.html, [accessed 12th January 2009]

STEPHENS, C. (2000). All About Readability [online]. Available from: http://plainlanguage.com/newreadability.html, [accessed 30th October 2008]

STILLAR, G. (1998). Analyzing Everday Texts: Discourse, Rhetoric and Social Perspectives. London: SAGE Publications

SWALES, J. (1990). Genre Analysis. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press

THORNBURY, S. (2005). Beyond the Sentence, Introducing discourse analysis. Oxford: Macmillan Education

WOOFFITT, R. (2005). Conversation Analysis and Discourse Analysis. London: SAGE Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment