Sunday 11 January 2009

Online project- Introduction

I will be writing a blog for our ‘Management Styles in Writing’ assignment. I find this subject interesting, as language and its tools affect us every day. Similar to Wooffitt (2005), I believe that language is constantly being used to influence people. Therefore, by studying this subject I believe I will become more aware of this persuasion and, therefore, take a more independent stance against its influence … or even more importantly it will thus allow me to enhance my own persuasive skills when needed!

I will investigate four areas:

1. Register Analysis & Readability Statistics
2. Conversation analysis
3. Business writing
4. Corpus

Each blog will include an overview of the topic, an example and my opinion on it. It will conclude with a final blog, which will also include all the references.

No comments:

Post a Comment